Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Emerging Markets and Asset Allocation

Emerging market investments are great options for use in asset allocation investment programs. Many asset allocations only look at "international" investments,like Europe and Asia, but they do not use emerging markets.

This can be a costly mistake, as asset allocation depends on using investments that are not correlated to each other. Most developed international investments (like Europe, Far East, Asia, etc) behave in a like manner. If the market goes up they all tend to move the same way. But with emerging market investments (ETFs, mutual funds, commodities, hedge funds), you may find that those markets move in opposite direction.

In 2008, this would have helped investors as most international returns were down. Many over 50% (including China). Having these investments in your portfolio would not have benefited you much. Astute investment advisers, however, may have used a certain percentage of emerging market securities in their allocations. And depending on their selections, returns would have fared better - probably still losses, but higher returns nonetheless.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Admin,

I am Dorothy Parker. I have visited your website and I would like to congratulate you on building such a valuable online resource. I am sure your visitors find your site as useful as I did.

My site also has relevant information in the same context, which I am sure your visitors will really appreciate. It would be great if we exchange links with each other. It would boost your search engine rankings, as relevant inbound links is the most important criteria for ranking on most search engines. It would also help bring targeted traffic to your site and reach out to a valuable, relevant audience.

So, I think it would be beneficial for both of us if we will join in a community and become link partners to each other which will help your blog/site in getting more Google values. If you are interested then please contact me at my email-id.

Have a great day.

Thanks and regards
Dorothy
Contact: dorothy786@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Check out EAFE Pro to view overseas and international investments for investors. http://eafepro.com

Investor said...

Hey
sory to write to you like this, but i could not find the contact form. I really like your blog and i was wondering if you would maybe like a link exchange with my website www.makemoneyinstocks.net . My site has many good articles and gets over 40.000 different visitors per month. I think we would both benefit out of this exchange alot. We would get higher position in search engines and many new visitors from each others investment sites.

Well please let me know on admin@makemoneyinstocks.net . I would really like a link exchange with your blog (I like it alot).

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers,
Matt

Lea Paige Matteo said...

How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.